- Ingredients 9 Count
- Nutrition 470 Calories
- Directions 35 Minutes
Information Of Mancherial
Mancherial is a town and a municipality in Adilabad district in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is the largest town in Adilabad District. Website of Mancherial
Strategically situated on NH 16, Mancherial is a small city situated in Adilabad district of the southern state of India, Andhra Pradesh. It is located in the east of Lakshettipet at a distance of 24 km. and in the northeast of Karimnagar at a distance of 66 km. It lies in the south of Tandur at a distance of 32 km. The other neighboring towns are Ramagundam and Belampalli. The airport is at Hyderabad and the Mancherial Railway Station on the Kazipet - Tandur rail route of South Central Railways is the nearest railway station.
Geographically, the town is located between 18.8667Â° North latitude and 79.4333Â° East longitude at an altitude of 142 meters (469 feet) above mean sea level.
According to the Indian Census report of 2001, Mancherial has a population of 70,231. Males comprises of 51% of the population and females account for the remaining 49%. In Mancherial, 13% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Mancherial is 65% which is higher than the national average literacy rate which is 59.5%. To be specific, the male literacy rate is 72% and the female literacy rate is 57%. Some excursion sites can be made to Kawal Wildlife Sanctuary, Shivaram Wildlife Sanctuary and the pilgrim site of Dharmapuri.
History Of Mancherial
Mancherial is located at 18°52′00″N 79°26′00″E / 18.8667°N 79.4333°E / 18.8667; 79.4333. It has an average elevation of 142 meters (469 feet).
Mancherial had a population of 70,231. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Mancherial has an average literacy rate of 65%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 72%, and female literacy is 57%. In Mancherial, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Mancherial was previously called GARMILLA.
Mancherial is the first and the largest urban area in Adilabad Dist.
Mancherial is a commercial hub of the coal belt area of Singareni collieries.
It is located on the north bank of the Godavari river.
Hospitals and nursing homes in the town in both the private and Government sector cater to a wide area and diverse population, including miners, tribal and farmers from the surrounding areas. Visiting specialists from Hyderabad and Warangal serve the area well.
It has a thriving market for agricultural produce.
It is on the main north-south railway route from Delhi to Chennai. The major junctions up north are Wardha in Maharashtra and Kazipet in Warangal District to the south.
Its proximity to the rich cement minerals and the coal mines fuels the economy, which offsets the rampant poverty prevalent in the Adilabad area and the accompanying naxellite problem.
It has a government-run high school and a Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh-run Saraswathi, Mancerial public School which was established in 1982, this one of the oldest school which is having English medium Sishu Mandir schools (both taught in Telugu), apart from R.B.H.V high school (both Hindi and English media) and Carmel Convent High School (taught in English), Oxford High School (English Medium) Martins Grammar High School (English Medium), Trinity High School, Urdu high school run by Urdu education society called madeen ul uloom. Mancherial has a total of 8 mosques. Among them, Jama Masjid is Biggest and Masjid-e-Arfath is the second biggest which is located at Islampura.
SINGARENI COLLIERIES are the largest employers in town, followed by ACC cement factory, Murlidhar Jaju Dall Mill and Sirpur Paper mills. Venkateswara temple, Saibaba temple, Hanuman temple are the most visited by the locals. It has branches of all the major bank like SBI, SBH, HDFC, ICICI, Axis bank and Andhra Bank.
Colonies in and around 5 kilometer radius of Mancherial include CCC Quarters(A,B,C and D Types) , Krishna colony, Naspur colony, Shirkey Colony, Nagarjuna and New Nagarjuna. Srirampur colony located at a distance of 6 km from Mancherial is the place where the general manager office of the coal mines are located. Quarters at Srirampur are provided by the government to accommodate Singareni employees. Two good and neatly maintained parks are surrounded by these colonies. A swimming pool, Church and Geeta Dhyana Mandiram are located in C.C.C area. There has been a demand to make Mancherial as a separate district from the political leaders as Mancherial had all the features that a district must have. As the district head quaters is very far to the east district people the demand has raisen by all M.L.A's in this region.
Most of the people speak Telugu. Hindi, Urdu and English are also spoken here.
Hinduism is the most practised religion followed by Islam and Christianity.
Shiridi sai baba temple near bus station is a very famous pilgrim place.